Saturday, April 2, 2011

Getting Back to Where I Left Off

Due to a Nike+ error (the time was going but the mileage wasn't) I ended up taking Aurora for a full 5k run last night! She did so well. She was so funny too, we retraced our steps for the last mile and she caught our previous scent/trail and took off running! She ran hard for a full 1/2 mile. Apparently she has more in her than I thought she did! LOL

I felt really good though. I'm feeling better endurance wise than I have felt since this past summer. I'm incredibly excited about that fact too. I want to start challenging myself to faster times and longer runs. Woot!

My goal for myself (and Aurora) is to go running at least 4x/week. Thankfully Hubby is on a shift right now that actually helps me have time to go running. Which is new and foreign! LOL

My current pace average is around 10:45-10:50... I am setting a goal of solid 10:00 pace averages.

I'm also setting a goal of getting my 5k time at or under 30 minutes.

Can't wait to conquer those goals!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job!! Must have been something going on with Nike+ yesterday as another friend of mine who uses it told me he had problems with his too! ODD!

    ReplyDelete