Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Adventures in Grocery Shopping

I wanted to "start over" so to speak and get back on track with eating vegan/raw vegan all in one swoop soooo I needed to do some serious grocery shopping! I was able to work it so that I could shop without Mostest too, which was lonely but nice because I could shop with a clear head and no distractions.

First here is all the produce I bought:
Photobucket
-Celery
-Romaine lettuce
-Cabbage (never bought before)
-Asparagus (never bought before)
-Garlic
-Eggplant (never even eaten before!)
-Fresh basil (never bought before)
-Mushrooms
-Kale
-Pears
-Pineapple
-Bananas
-Avocados
-Blueberries (never bought before)
-Strawberries

Then some old vegan favorites:
Photobucket
-Ezekiel bread
-Follow Your Heart vegan mozzarella
-Almond milk
-Soy milk
-Pinto beans
-Black beans
-Raspberry sorbet
-Odwalla superfood juice

Then some new vegan and raw vegan things to try:
Photobucket
-Tofurky keilbasa (it piqued my interest and I wanted to try it)
-Potsticker wrappers
-Raw dried coconut shavings
-Rice cheeze
-Blue agave
-Raw sunflower seeds
-Medjool dates
-Italian blend herb thing mabober
-Rice Dream ice cream
-Tahini
-Coconut milk

It was pretty exciting to buy all this great stuff! Some of it is to build up my raw food ingredients to actually make something out of that damn book I got and some stuff with be used right away. I am pretty proud of myself for really branching out a TON in the last 4 or 5 months veggie wise. I have tried so many veggies for virtually the first time lately! And to my surprise: I really like them! Not just tolerate them, LIKE them! :) Woot!

3 comments:

  1. Lots of interesting foods to try! I'd be interested to know what you end up doing with the potsticker wrappers - I had some in my hand at the store yesterday, but couldn't think of something creative to do with them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to do a cooking class with a group of 6-12 year old clients and one of the things we made was potstickers :) Otherwise I would have no idea where to start and would probably not even try. LOL I will have to post pictures when I make them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you think of the rice cheese? I've never tried it--I did NOT like soy cheese. I'm also curious about what you think of the tofurkey sausage. Most of those things are staples in my diet too, or were before discontinuing soy.

    ReplyDelete