Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Gone Fishing

Well, I didn't really fish but my hubby did :)

Spent a 3 day weekend camping, rafting and just generally enjoying Alaska! It was so much fun! Not so good on the food though. I grew up camping and rafting with my family and we had some staple river foods... chili and cheese, s'mores (of course!), and my personal favorite:
Photobucket
Yep, Ritz crackers and spray cheese...

These "camping comfort foods" are really hard to kick! I know I shouldn't eat them because 1) they really aren't healthy any way you cut it and 2) they are not vegan and I really, truly want to strictly eat vegan. *Sigh* Needless to say I did a super shitty job at eating vegan over the weekend. But maybe admitting the problem is the first step? Now I know how strong the tie is for me between camping and these foods and I will hopefully be able to plan better next time so I can do better.

As for running... Between being gone all weekend camping and catching Mostest's cold I have not been able to drag my ass out for a run. However, I am super excited because I have one of these coming in the mail!!
Photobucket
There is a whole section on the Nike site to help you train with it and motivate you! I already have Nike+ shoes too, so I don't have to go out and get new shoes!!


Finally, here are some pictures from my trip down the Kenai River this weekend! (I will post more later too)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This last one we were just having fun with the camera around the campfire and I thought it looked really cool! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment