It got me to thinking... Am I a failure because I failed today?
- I failed at both my jobs
- I failed at being a calm, kind mother when I got home from work
- I failed at eating vegan
- I failed at eating healthy
- I failed at getting the exercise in that I had planned
- I failed at getting the housework done that I should have
- I failed at meeting my needs properly and in a healthy way
That is a lot of failing.... However, I really don't think that makes me a failure. This one day doesn't make up the whole of who I am. I know this probably sounds like an obvious statement but putting this into practice with myself is HUGE! I am such a perfectionist... If I don't do it the best out of anyone I ever seen - I'm awful at it, I'm a failure, I suck. So now I am trying to be more gentle with myself and see past the failures of one day to the mass amounts of successes I have accrued over many, many days.
Tomorrow is a new day and I am committed to changing myself and my life. It's not going to be easy and it's not going to happen in one day. For once... I actually believe that and I don't feel so low at the end of a fail-tastic day!